- Dog Fear Isn’t Funny or Cute (Champion of my Heart): Nice analysis of dog behavior seen in the recent viral dog video of the “guilty dog.” In short, don’t treat your dog like that.
- “We don't want a bunch of scientists telling us what to do” (Pedigree Dogs Exposed). Blog post from my new favorite blog about dog breeder resistance to scientist input on breeding strategies for purebred dogs. Dog breeding ethics!
- The Lady and the Trump—without hungry puppies: The science of stray dog sterilization (Cynthia Mills on the Scientific American guest blog)
- Yes! We have no bananas (Border Wars): Inbreeding in dogs and bananas
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, ‘Echo-chamber’ is just a derogatory term for ‘community’ – my remarks at #AAASmtg (Blog Around the Clock)
- Bristol University vet students use new “cow machine” (BBC News): Two words: RECTAL SIMULATOR. Seriously, though, this would have been really useful when I was learning to rectal a cow. I love learning tools like this; they let you get the hang of a procedure without causing discomfort to an animal.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
As usual, may of these are old, because I don’t have time to keep up to date on my blog reading.