- Pulling worms out of a kitten’s butt (“Wow, can I?”)
- STRAY GOLDFISH. It is more amusing not to explain, but I will say that it was found in a ditch in a grocery store parking lot.
- Ratlings! Five week old foster rats came in for a visit. They had been well socialized and were extremely friendly. I badly wanted to adopt one, but suspected it would not get along with my cat.
- Seeing exactly how fast 8 week old kittens recover from spay/neuter surgery. Spay surgery is no small deal, but those girl kittens were literally climbing the walls of their cage 30 minutes later. I am sold on pediatric spay/neuter.
- Helping to set up play groups of shelter dogs and getting to watch them play together. It was lovely.